Come as you are. Stay for the day. Make new friends. Celebrate fun.
That is Summer by the Pool at Southampton. Read on for information on pool hours, special events, clinics and lessons.
Southampton Recreation Association is a private facility, if you are interested in joining and to request a tour of our facilities and a membership application, contact us at email@example.com or (804) 272-7401.
Friendly Reminder to Treat the SRA Campus and Clubhouse with Respect!
- No drop offs for children under 10 years old. (This applies to the whole SRA campus.)
- Please ask children to be respectful of our SRA office staff, snackbar staff, and lifeguards.
- Children of all ages in the clubhouse: please pick up after yourself. Keep the doors and windows closed – no need to Air Condition the outdoors! And, if you happen to spill food or beverage in the game room, please also clean up! (parents, you can help, especially for your young ones.)
- Parents of older children – please make sure they know the rules!
- Finally, for many reasons, at no time should children be in the snack bar kitchen. If families would like to use the silver community refrigerator for special events, it must be accessed only by adults. THANK YOU!
- The pool is for use of members and paid guests only.
- All users of the pool must check in, including guests.
- No food, alcohol, tobacco (including vaping) or chewing gum is allowed in the pool area.
- No glass containers are permitted in the pool area.
- Picnic areas outside the pool area are provided for consumption of food.
- Swim suits must be worn; no cutoffs allowed.
- No running or horseplay in the pool area.
- Non-swimmers are allowed in the shallow end of the pool only.
- Only U.S. Coast Guard-approved flotation devices may be worn (check with lifeguards if
you are unsure).
- Pool toys are allowed at the discretion of the attending lifeguards. If the pool becomes-
crowded, they must be put away until later.
- Kickboards are for lap swimming only.
- No children under age 10 are to be left on the SRA grounds without a parent or guardian,
such as a sitter approved by the child’s parent. No children under age 10 are to be allowed
in the pool area unattended.
- The baby pools are to be used for children ages six and under only and only with direct
supervision. Lifeguards do not monitor the baby pools.
- No swimming without a lifeguard on duty.
- If lightning is observed, the pool and surrounding area will be evacuated. When thunder is
heard, only the pool will be evacuated. Swimming may resume after a minimum of 30
minutes of clear conditions. When weather related issues occur during the last hour of pool operations, the pool will close for the remainder of the day. All weather-related deci-
sions are at the discretion of the lifeguard staff.
- Hourly heat breaks will be instituted as necessary by the lifeguards. During heat breaks
members under 16 must exit the pool until lifeguards indicate the break is over.
- Lifeguards have the authority to enforce the pool rules and require those in violation to
leave the premises.
- Only one person at a time is allowed on the diving board. The well must be clear of all
swimmers before diving . No small children are allowed on the diving board unattended.
- Slide rules are posted on the fence near the slide and must be followed.
- Abusive or objectionable language is prohibited.
- Anyone experiencing any symptoms of illness should not enter the pool or SRA premises.
- Anyone having infectious diseases or associated symptoms, including fever, excessive sun-
burn, open wounds, bandages, chicken pox, conjunctivitis (pink eye), nasal discharge, or ear discharge will be denied access to the pool.