The creek crossing leading up to the upper courts will be replaced this week. Expect the project to take about a week to complete. During this time access to the upper courts will be available by the path to the right of the creek crossing.
Welcome to returning members, prospective members, and curious folks around Richmond!
Your SRA Board is working hard to plan our summer pool season! As the number of vaccinations increase and the Governor continues to loosen restrictions, we are VERY hopeful that our summer pool season will be much closer to “normal.” While we cannot guarantee what state guidelines will be in the summer, here is what we expect based on current trends:
- We plan for the pool to be open on time this year – including our water slide!
- We are in discussion with JRAC and other swim teams, but expect to offer a FULL season of swim meets, including Champs, for our SRA Swordfish!
- We plan to again offer deck furniture for member use, although members are (as always) welcome to bring their own chairs as well.
- We may have to limit capacity, but we expect capacity to be up in the ~200-250 people range, so we do NOT plan on using a reservation system. (No more Omnify!)
- We may need to enforce social distancing between non-family members of some kind. Masks may still be required or encouraged when not in the pool or at your seating area.
Again, these guidelines are subject to change based on prevailing conditions and the Governor’s orders. Still, we are very hopeful that current trends will continue. We encourage members to join & renew today!
Welcome to SRA!
We’re sure you’ll see that we have something for just about everyone. From a very active pool program and swim team, an ever-growing tennis program and a one-of-a-kind ice rink, Southampton Recreation Association is the place to be!
Interested in joining us?