Spring is here and so is our sign-up genius for Spring Workday events, please check-out our SRA Volunteer Opportunities and sign up to help make Southampton ready for our upcoming summer pool opening. Our first clean-up day is scheduled for Saturday, April 30th. We look forward to seeing you around the grounds!
- Visit Disco Sports at 1400 Starling Drive between 10:00 am – 6:00 pm to get your swimmers fitted for their team suits (team suits are not a requirement!). Disco also has a great selection of goggles, bungees, and amazing deals on practice suits to get everyone ready for our first week of practice! Team suits purchased at Disco will be available for pickup at SRA during the first weeks of swim practice.
- Cruise around the corner to MOD Pizza at 8675 Quioccasin Road to purchase breakfast, lunch and/or dinner during our team’s Spirit day! (Yes, it’s ALL day!!) MOD Pizza is giving 20% of sales both on-line or in-person. Please show them the flyer or tell them you are with our team to help us raise funds for our team! If placing an order on-line supporters need to enter the code MODF4962 (see attached). Thank you for your support!
- Pat yourself on the back – you are now ready for SRA Summer 2022!
Welcome to returning members, prospective members, and curious folks around Richmond!
Your SRA Board is working hard to plan our summer pool season! As the number of vaccinations increase and the Governor continues to loosen restrictions, we are VERY hopeful that our summer pool season will be much closer to “normal.” While we cannot guarantee what state guidelines will be in the summer, here is what we expect based on current trends:
- We plan for the pool to be open on time this year – including our water slide!
- We are in discussion with JRAC and other swim teams, but expect to offer a FULL season of swim meets, including Champs, for our SRA Swordfish!
- We plan to again offer deck furniture for member use, although members are (as always) welcome to bring their own chairs as well.
- We may have to limit capacity, but we expect capacity to be up in the ~200-250 people range, so we do NOT plan on using a reservation system. (No more Omnify!)
- We may need to enforce social distancing between non-family members of some kind. Masks may still be required or encouraged when not in the pool or at your seating area.
Again, these guidelines are subject to change based on prevailing conditions and the Governor’s orders. Still, we are very hopeful that current trends will continue. We encourage members to join & renew today!
Welcome to SRA!
We’re sure you’ll see that we have something for just about everyone. From a very active pool program and swim team, an ever-growing tennis program and a one-of-a-kind ice rink, Southampton Recreation Association is the place to be!
Interested in joining us for 2021?
Southampton Recreation Association is a membership only private facility, to learn about our amenities and the membership levels we offer, then contact us for tour or to sign-up! If you want to catch up on recent SRA news, check out our Winter Newsletter.