In 1962 Reynolds Metals donated an ice skating rink to Southampton Recreation Association. Around 1971 a roof and walls began to take shape, and in 1975 the rink was rebuilt because of a transformer fire that destroyed it. Between 1980 to 84 Scott Hamilton taught Make a Wish Foundation lesson on SRA ice and did one of his trademark flips. Singer-songwriter Robin Thompson coordinated music for the Ice Revues in the 1980’s. And we had nationally known coaches Barbara Easely and Edward Van Campen (Dutch National Champion) as well as Jack Coulter. Student’s came from as far away as Petersburg to take lessons on our ice.
We celebrate friends, family, fun, awesome donations and selfless volunteers. We celebrate an incredible community of people who support SRA, not only ice, but tennis, swimming and family. We celebrate figure skating, ice hockey and the pure joy of gliding and playing. Come celebrate and join our winter community and our awesome new rink roof!
Ready to Skate?
- Fill out your annual Waivers and Pass code forms before taking the ice for the first time! Found on Forms page.
- Not an SRA member, then fill out a Winter Membership form to join. These forms are available online.
- Guest are welcome with waiver and $5 fee folded and placed in the fee box in the rink. Guest waivers are available on Forms page.
- Become a rink volunteer? We have many opportunities! Talk with Dylan Greenbaum or look on the SRA calendar for scheduled Ice Committee meetings. We’d love to have you join us.
Important ICE Dates
Ice Rink Clean-Up We need your help to prepare the rink for the season. Great opportunity for community service hours for students!
- Saturday, October 17th, 11am-1pm
- Sunday, November 1, 2pm-4pm
Skate Sale & Lesson Sign-Up Skating lessons are an important component of our ice program. Children as young as three years of age can safely learn how to skate, fall and stop on the ice. Skating can be a fun, family activity! We offer a wide variety of classes on different days throughout the week, including hockey!
- Saturday, October 17th, 11am-1pm (during rink clean-up)
- Sunday, November 1, 2pm-4pm (during rink clean-up)
Saturday, November 7th Ice Rink “Soft Open”
Ice Revue (TBD) The annual Ice Revue is a cross between an ice show and a recital, where skaters can show off their skills and entertain family and friends. Please join us to cheer on all our wonderful SRA skaters.
Before heading to the rink, visit the ice calendar at http://sra-fun.org/ice for open ice and open hockey times as well as times for lessons and clinics.