POOL OPENING UPDATE:
SRA is VERY excited to announce that starting Wednesday, July 1st, SRA is expanding the family pool and deck! The Board has worked carefully with our guards to design a plan that balances use and accessibility with the safety and health of our members. We have now created:
- Additional Deck Zones that can be reserved by ONE individual each. This individual may bring up to FOUR household members (so 5 people in all).
- A Senior Zone where individual members may reserve a chair (SENIOR members only).
- Unreserved Pool Exercise Zones. Members who reserve a Deck Zone or Senior Zone chair may use these pool zones for exercise. We ask that members limit themselves to using a Pool Zone for a few minutes at a time, especially when others are waiting.
- A Diving Zone where ONE individual and up to FOUR household members (5 in all) have exclusive use of the diving well and nearby deck. Diving Zone reservations will begin later in the week to accommodate current construction in that area, and the board will likely be out of commission until next week.
- Lap swimming will continue as before, with up to 3 swimmers per lane
Please refer to the SRA email for the link and details for accessing Omnify.
- Please limit yourselves to NO MORE THAN TWO deck reservations per family per week, at least until we can judge capacity.
- Omnify limits reservations to ONE per day – of ANY kind. So if you have a lap swim reserved in the morning, you will NOT be able to reserve the pool deck in the afternoon for that day. (If you have multiple family members, you can have one reserve the lap lane and the other reserve the pool deck.)
- Each Deck Zone comes with a table and umbrella; please bring your own chairs. If that is not feasible, a limited number of pool chairs will be available on loan.
- Virginia’s Phase 2 Guidelines state that pools can be open for “lap swimming, diving, exercise, and instruction only.” This means no horseplay, deliberate splashing, etc. No floats, noodles, balls, or other pool toys are allowed at this time. Please make sure your children understand all these rules before your visit.
- Restrooms are open for emergency use only. Each restroom will have one stall open, allowing one individual at a time to enter. However, the restrooms are being cleaned between sessions, not uses. Changing rooms and showers are not open at this time.
- Please wear a mask moving to and from your Zone, and maintain social distancing at all times. Use the front gate (now open) for entry, and exit through the gate adjacent to the men’s restroom.
The hours of operation will be:
- Weekdays (M-F) 6:30am-8:15pm (last swim at 7pm)
- Weekends (Sa-Su) 10am-8pm (last swim at 6:45pm
Indoor facilities will remain closed.
Welcome to SRA!
We’re sure you’ll see that we have something for just about everyone. From a very active pool program and swim team, an ever-growing tennis program and a one-of-a-kind ice rink, Southampton Recreation Association is the place to be!